Desi-We-Desi 1

Hello Friends....

Thank you so so so much for great response.

How it all Started:
Once i was searching something on youtube and saw one video is poping which was aboutkarina kapoor diet ;-) just like a normal Bollywood fan i clicked on that video it was aboutkareenas take on indian food and the THEORY of RUJUTA DIVEKAR after watching couple of videos of rujuta my mind totally blown away and that time i decided i must have to study the science of indian food bec food is major part of indian culture and actually part of who we r. 

Before starting I just want to mention that I am not at all against any food or culture. I am a big foodie and love to explore different cuisine I also like exotic veggies and fruits. I just want to say that thinking whatever is coming from different countries are not super foods or they r not better than our desifoods. it's only our mentality that if something is coming from somewhere and is costly it must be good. Even my thought process was like that but once I started actually studying about food I was amazed and I want to share my knowledge with u all 


So the battle begins...lets start with most hyped product “OATS”

OATS VS DALIYA
 vs



What is Oats?
Oats is a species of cereal grain grown in temperate regions like Russia, Canada, Poland. Oats are generally considered healthy due to their rich content of dietary fibers 

Now the DESI ...... for battle is DALIA/BULGER/LAPSI

So Lets see what is Daliya ?

Daliya is nothing but broken wheat.
Compared to oats, Daliya has more dietary fiber and protein, a lower glycemic index, and higher levels of most vitamins and minerals.


Now lets take a look on actually composition of nutrients in both oats and daliya.


So Daliya is almost double in dietary fiber and 1/5th of fat content  also far better than oats in nutrition value :-) 

These are some best way to eat daliya:

     
 
3) Payasam
 

If u don't know from where u can get ready daliya click here .

Always “EAT LOCAL THINK GLOBAL”
Stay blessed <3  

Comments